Sunday, August 28, 2016

New Times and Places

Wow, it has been years since I updated this thing. Let's get started, shall we?

First of all, I have left Arkansas. I got the Hell out of the Bible Belt as soon as the opportunity presented itself. No more working retail for me! People look at me now and say, "You came here to get away from religion?" and I answer yes. In spite of there being so many Catholic churches out here, people no longer open the conversation with, "Where do you go to church?" which is quite refreshing.

I have met a few other atheists now! My wife is now an atheist, and we are in the process of starting a group out here. Success has been hit and miss, but at least I have had the opportunity to meet a few other people.

I can buy alcohol too! No more living in a dry-county where a twenty-mile drive is required to get to the nearest county line store! I'm not a heavy drinker by any means, but it really is nice to be able to get it when I want it.

Here's hoping I tack on some more updates in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment